Driving in winter conditions
- Published: 20 December 2017
As a reminder for drivers, vehicle tires need to be changed by December 15 at the latest. After that it’s illegal to drive a vehicle with summer or all-season tires.
Our huge fleet of next-to-new rental trucks and cars go through regular, frequent maintenance so you can enjoy an ultra-safe driving experience.
When renting a vehicle, it can be a good idea to ask for all-wheel drive. It’ll help you hold the road in challenging conditions and can reduce the stress of winter driving. Asking for an upgrade to a sport utility vehicle (SUV) can also be a good idea, as it puts you higher up on the road and delivers a driving experience that feels more “in control.”
- Go easy on the speed!
- If you start to skid, remember to pump the brakes to regain traction
- Clear the vehicle of snow before driving
- Lift your wiper blades off the windshield when the car is parked
- Stay focused on the road!
Safe and Happy Driving!